18 replies [Last post]
trajuette's picture

Has anybody used Sure Grow 100 ( nutritional supplement for large breeds ) and experienced tummy upset?  My vet gave me to help Dallas ear cartilage harden recently noticed vomitting. We have stopped them to see if that's it but was wondering if anyone else might of had the same problem.

Lady Kate's picture

Pet Profiles

Never tried it.. I've heard that raw chicken necks are really good for cartilage.. Haven't' tried that  either..

trajuette's picture

Raw chicken necks...yuck!!!  I bet he would love it though!

Lady Kate's picture

Pet Profiles

I know.. sounds gross to me too.. but I hear their eyes just roll back in their heads when they see them.. I have some coming this afternoon.. will try it and see what the Grand Dame does.. Right now she's playing "dead" so I won't take her out in the rain to walk. She is such a DoberDiva.

trajuette's picture

Let me know how that goes over.  Your DoberDiva cracks me up ;D

Lady Kate's picture

Pet Profiles

Eeeeuuuww. Her Royal Majesty actually ATE a raw chicken neck.. First she sniffed it to make sure it wasn't a sneak attack of a vitamin, Took it gently in her mouth and carried to the door. Pawed it around a bit to try to make it run.. Then ATE it!! Miss Priss ATE it!!  :o

rgreen4's picture

I hope it was de-boned.

trajuette's picture

LadyKAte~eeeuuuww is right! 
might have to make a visit to the butcher!

Lady Kate's picture

Pet Profiles

De Boned?? I heard the cartiledge in the neck was the best thing in the world for their joints.. oh oh.. I did NOT debone.. so far all is well in Doberland.. de boned?? Now that makes it go completely off the 'eeeeuuwww chart' Will double check with my sources.. as long as it's raw, it's alright? Right?

trajuette's picture

NO WAY!!!!  The pups are going to have to miss out on that experience if I have to de-bone raw chicken neck..YUCK!!
:-X

Lady Kate's picture

Pet Profiles

EXACTLY,.. I'm sure there's another alternative to the gelatianous goop ( see I can't even spell it.. ) and now we know where Sofia gets her Princess attitude..
PetSmart will have counters full of lovely enclosed capsules that will do the same thing. Problem here is PetSmart is four or five hours away.. We are limited in Baja for products and health care.. I'm lucky to have found a vet who seems to really care about the kids.. He will spay and neuter strays at a discount and has rescued three of his own.
Tell me about Lucky.. She is so regal and gorgeous.. Reminds me of our Sofia in the way she was  mothering Dallas..

trajuette's picture

I just post on Lucky at the Great Run topic, you have to read it.  She's such a priss!  She glides around the house like queen bee.  It's funny to watch her with Dallas she mothers alittle but their relationship is more like big sister, little brother.  Dallas just wants to play and she lets him rough house with her for a while but  is she quick to put him in his place when she's had enough.  Yesterday I got some new balls for them and of course now there's only one left ( I think they're under the couch) and Lucky just has there with it in her mouth not moving and Dallas barked and barked all he wanted was the ball and she was not going to let him have it....I was rolling!! 

I'm glad you found such a caring vet.  That stinks that Petsmart is so far away.  I thought we had it bad with ours being 30min away. Thank goodness for the web!!! My vet also said that Calcium tablets are good for cartilage??  Haven't tried it.  I'm going to research that a little more

Lady Kate's picture

Pet Profiles

Saw it.. Glad to see there's another  multi tasker in the family..Or is that multi threader? Dunno
Hmm Lucky does sound  alot like Sofia.. I wonder if the dobergirls are more nurturing than the guys  just because..well of course they are..
Have noticed that most of our posters have males.. see you later.. headed to town ( Enseada is 45 mins away, and our closest grocery store

Q Tip's picture

Pet Profiles

;D Q loves chicken necks and I will often stuff his Kongs with them for a couple of hours enjoyment. ;D

Lady Kate's picture

Pet Profiles

Sure Ria.. You're a nurse.. you don't mind all that goop!! P.S. Do you De-Bone??

Dabbles's picture

Just got a call from MM (Mostly Mutts - where we got Milady).  She has a Bernese Mountain Dog & says the chicken necks are too small - he just gulps them so she gets turkey necks from a butcher here.  I asked about the bones - she said it's cooked bones that are brittle & splinter that the raw bones are "crunchy" (her word not mine!!!  :P)  She suggested I get some for Milady because of all the fat in them, but I'm thinking I'll ask the vet when we see her on Monday.  Yuck - but I'd certainly rather give her gross, goopy necks than pills that might upset her tummy...  Had enough of that already!   ::)

Lady Kate's picture

Pet Profiles

Sooo good to see you Marti. ;D
How is it going? I am sure you  have your hands full with everything that is going on at your house... WOW.. it's going to be a busy time for a while
Is Brinks loving his little sister?
Will look forward to hearing about the vet report to see if she's gained weight and if you decide to spay her or not? Maybe too soon as she sounds a tad frail til Momma Dabbles can fatten the girl up..
Happy chicken necks. and Besos from Baja

Q Tip's picture

Pet Profiles

:D Gawd we dont really eat turkeys here that much and not even sure you can buy them. But thinking of Obana's presentation xmas turkey the necks will be huge ;D
Q loves to crunch on his....I hate the sound however :P
KT I hate the sight of blood and gloop and am often seen dry retching in the sluice room :D

Lady Kate's picture

Pet Profiles

heheh.. NO wonder you're so little!!  ::)

Knee is doing much better, thank you.. no dancing for a week and I'm in withdrawals.. Sofia and I took a couple of nice long walks,, she's missing her Dad who went to the states.. She's her Momma's baby, but she's also Daddy's girl!!
I sent you an Email.. answer when you have time..