Camping Sierra Seco 2011

9 replies [Last post]
HarleyBear's picture

Pet Profiles

Harley and Ellie went camping with us this past weekend and they had a blast!  I was a little worried we would have some trouble with the camp host regarding breed restrictions, but when we got there they had a doberman too.  I had preped our camp friends and said, "If any one asks, he is a German Short-haired pointer mix."  This shows what a good "pointer" he is!

The cockalier (cavalier and cocker spaniel mix) is Ellie's best friend.  Harley wants to play with them so bad and he gets totally rejected.  Poor Harley!

But he is having fun anyway!

Q Tip's picture

Pet Profiles

He is so pretty, cant see how he got rejected, does Harley swim? the water looks so inviting...gorgeous pics :)

Love that last picture!

HarleyBear's picture

Pet Profiles

Nope he doesn't swim yet.  But he is hanging out with Cody (the cock-alier) and he gets closer and closer because he wants to play!  Ellie will only swim if there are ducks.  Cody just LOVES to swim and was crying at the top of the canyon when he saw the river.  We had to keep him on leash because we were scared he'd jump off and go all the way down.  Once we got to the bottom he was off!  We are hoping he will influence Harley to jump in.  Right now Harley only goes up to his chest. 

bbroyles's picture

Such a pretty place for dog fun:)!

blue4's picture

Pet Profiles

Love the pictures!  You've got a great lookin' crew.

jeshykai's picture

Pet Profiles

How very fun! Harley is really growing fast!

Steve one day saw water and dived right in. He'd swim if he wasn't so heavy he sinks, so next time we will get him a life jacket.

Glad you guys had fun. We always enjoy Strawberry, just up a ways from Pinecrest. You should check it out, plenty to do and no one to bug you when you camp!

HarleyBear's picture

Pet Profiles

Isn't he getting big?  I need to take him to Pet Food Express or Pet Smart and weigh him.  I am just so proud of him.  He really is a good boy!

dobbie23's picture

Very cute!  Ive always wanted to take my dobe to play in the water but Im not sure if he would be afraid?

HarleyBear's picture

Pet Profiles

That water was really shallow... he only goes in as far as he can stand.  Any deeper and I would put on a lifevest, just in case.  Just don't push your dobe father than he is comfortable and everyone will have a good time!